Random Maze Generator
This is a random maze generator tool made for GameMaker Studio 1.4 and 2.0. It currently has the following features:
- 3 algorithms for maze generation:
- Recursive Backtracking
- Growing Tree
- Add/remove border
- Add/remove entrances on all 4 sides of the maze
- Control width and height separately
- Supports different tile sizes
- Fits into room size
- Width and height must be odd numbers
- Room width/height aspect ratio must be the same one as the maze*
The tool is composed of 3 scripts (one for each algorithm) and some macros. In the project below there will be additional content, as tiles, objects and rooms, in order to provide examples on how to use the scripts.
More info in the Instructions section.
*This only applies if you are not using views and wish the maze to take the whole room without looking stretched
This project was developed completely by me, but it was made possible through these tutorials:
- Create a documentation/instruction document to better explain the contents of the project
Any feedback/criticism is welcome. I'm available for questions if you have any.
Click download now to get access to the following files: